StLouieMoe's Blog about Anything

Thursday, June 12, 2008

now THIS is comedy...

The 84 year old bride

A local news station was interviewing an 84-year old lady because she had just gotten married -- for the 4th time. The interviewer asked her questions about her life, about what it felt like to be marrying again at 84, and then about her new husband's occupation.

"He's a funeral director," she answered.

"Interesting," the newsman said. "Would you mind telling us a little bit about your first three husbands and what they did for a living?"

The woman paused for a few moments, needing time to reflect on all those past years. After a short time, a smile came to her face and she answered proudly, "Well, first I married a banker when I was in my early 20's, then a circus ringmaster when I was in my 40's, and, later on, a preacher in my late 60's. Now I'm marrying a funeral director."

The newsman looked at her quite astonished. "Why have you married four men with such diverse carrers?" he asked.

"Easy, son," she replied. "I married one for the money...two for the show...three to get ready...and four to go!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home